Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

N is for Nutella Chocolate Cobbler (Jennifer)

Hello friends!

Happy Saturday! My goal with this post is to make your Saturday or Sunday a little sweeter. Nutella Chocolate Cobbler. Yum--the very typing of the name brings fond memories of sharing this dessert with my grandparents a little earlier this week. After taking a bite of this dessert, I couldn't help but sit back, close my eyes, and mutter, "Ahhhh....." It's really, really good. Sweet, but not completely over the top (at least, not to my tastebuds!), warm, gooey, delicious. If I could rename it, I'd call it something like Kind-of-like-Molten-Lava Nutella Chocolate Cobbler Cake because it's got a few molten lava cake characteristics (with the oozing, syrupy chocolate), mixed with a super moist, brownie-like, chocolate cake. I hope you'll give it a try!

Nutella Chocolate Cobbler
from Sweet Savory Life

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
  • 1 cup sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cup milk (I only had half and half in my fridge and it worked well!)
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1-½ cup hot tap water
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup of white sugar.

Stir in milk, Nutella, butter, and vanilla. Mixture will be thick like the texture of peanut butter.
Spread mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.
In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the batter.
Pour the hot water over everything and do not stir.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is slightly firm but not fluid like liquid. Spoon mixture into small bowls and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


Review
I already have plans to make this divine recipe again. And again. And again. I love it. Shall I say anything else? : ) In case I need to further convince you, take note that the chocolate fudge-like syrup flowing down between the cake and the vanilla ice cream in the photo above is from the cake! I didn't add syrup to make this picture more drool-worthy. The cake just comes out that way! I'm telling you, it's divine. Enjoy!

Hope your weekend is as sweet as chocolate!

Cheers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. DROOL. That sounds delicious! And vanilla ice cream is the perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete