Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

D is for Dill: Dill Hummus (Jessica)

Hi Friends, 
I hope you're getting exciting for Thanksgiving, I know I am! Can you believe it's less than two weeks away? It's unbelievable to me how fast this year has gone and how fast our weeks blogging have gone! We're on D already?! 

Ok, enough nostalgia, time for the recipe! I enjoyed this week's ingredient because of the challenge it presented. I've never been much of a fan of things you typically think of to pair with dill (egg salad? cucumbers?), so I set out to find something I really like. Hummus! I know I made a hummus recipe for L last summer, so it's up to you to compare the two and pick which one is better!

Dill Hummus
from Oh She Glows
makes about 2 cups

Ingredients:
2 cups canned chickpeas, liquid reserved and set aside
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup tahini (a sesame paste, I found it at Whole Foods near the almond butter)
7-8 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice from 2 lemons)
2 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid
4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce, to taste (I used 4 and not 8, big surprise!)
1 cup of fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Olive oil, for drizzling
Paprika, for garnish
Fresh dill!
Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed.
2. Add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. Adjust other seasonings as necessary
3. Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika.
4. Enjoy with pita chips or vegetables!

Review:
This recipe is awesome! I was a little skeptical of the Tahini and the Tabasco sauce, but the final product was great. The dill gave a fresh flavor without being too overpowering. This would be a perfect recipe to make for a party in the summertime. Or anytime. I brought the hummus in to work and it was gone in 15 minutes. In fact, I still have dill left over, I may make some more!


Dill-icous!  :)

-Jessica


PS. Jen's secret ingredient for next week is....ESPRESSO!

No comments:

Post a Comment