Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

J is for Jam Filled Butter Cookies (Jessica)

Happy Father's Day!

This weekend we celebrated all those dads out there. I didn't get to actually spend time with my dad on this special day, so instead, I made cookies! This is not to say that the cookies replace him in any way. In fact I think my dad takes the prize because he has always taken care of me. In the meantime, across the country, I had to go with what was available, which, in this case, was a deliciously light jam-filled cookie. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the family for real in a few weeks! (I'm sure you'll hear more about that later).

SO...on to the cookies!

Jam Filled Butter Cookies
from This allrecipes.com site 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fruit preserves (I used blackberry, which was great!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and egg yolks. Mix in flour and salt a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. 
Check out my fun egg separator!
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Use your finger or something similar in size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill with 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of preserves.
 5. Bake for 10-14 minutes in preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.

Review:
These cookies are excellent! Really easy and good. You might want to consider doubling the recipe because these went fast! The jam blended well with the buttery-ness of the cookie, creating a final product that wasn't too sweet, just perfect. Oh, and I used a 1/2 teaspoon to create the well in the cookie. It was really easy (and a little less messy!).
Just until next time,

Jessica :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies, love your egg separator and just realized we have the same teaspoons. :) This recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete