Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

R is for Rosemary: White Bean and Rosemary Dip (Jessica)

Hi there!

This week, I was really excited to get Rosemary as my ingredient. While it's a very lovely herb, it's also the name of a character in a musical! I bet you didn't know that, did you? And if you DID know it, do you know WHICH musical??

Well, I'll just tell you: it's from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. That is a very long title for a musical. Usually shortened to just "How to Succeed," this musical has been around since 1961 when it first debuted on Broadway and then in 1967, the movie came out. It has been done on Broadway twice more now and is actually still running, most recently (and famously), DANIEL RADCLIFFE played the lead! We KNOW how great Harry Potter is, well, this was great as well. I was lucky enough to get to see him perform in the show and it was really fun! (Here's a clip from his performance at the Tony's) Anyway, the female lead is named Rosemary, and every time I use rosemary in my cooking, I always think of one of the songs from the show :)

ROOOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEEEMMMMMAAARRRRRYYYYYY......

(that's how the song goes)


White Bean Dip with Rosemary and Sage
from myrecipes.com

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary 
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage 
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
2 garlic cloves, chopped 
1 can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with veggies or pita chips.


Review:
Yum! This dip is tasty and made a great snack. I think I actually would cut down the pepper amount a little, as it tasted a bit too peppery to me. Especially because the other flavors are so great, the dip doesn't need a lot of pepper!
I garnished with a sprig of rosemary and I was all set to go! Delicious.


-Jessica



PS. Jennifer's next ingredient is.....SUGAR

No comments:

Post a Comment